A STORY OF A SLEEPYTIME ODYSSEY
Asleep. 4am. Groggy, wha'? What time is it?
Clock radio is dark. Roll over. Umgnnhjpkersk!
Roll back. Maybe I flailed in the night and knocked the radio around.
Move it. Nothing. It's dead, Jim. Ahh, winter: cold, big wind. Powerlines down.
Ok. Philosophical.
Roll over. Z. Z. Z.
Furnace is running. Hunh! Ah. Must be running on internal power saved up.
Ahhhh, geez. It doesn't have internal power.
I know! Half the power company wire to the house blew down.
So only half our circuits are working. Brilliant mind, Dan.
Get out of bed. Wander. Hunh! Other lights are on . . .
Microwave clock is on. Hunh! I dunno, but I don't smell burning wiring, so ...
back to bed. Cannot sleep. OH, I GET IT, NOW. It is 7 degrees out, so
it's probably 18 degrees in the garage.
Air compressor oil is frozen solid. Compressor turns on by itself. Cannot rotate.
The load trips the breaker.
Out of bed . . . schglrbimffunk . . . Yep, breaker is flipped.
Insanely flip breaker on. It flips back off.
Great Whilikers.
Back to bed. Maybe . . . maybe another half hour of blessed sleep.
Check compressor . . . yawn . . . later.
Z. Z. Z.
No comments:
Post a Comment