God... a being whose only definition is that He is beyond man's power to conceive.

- Ayn Rand


Friday, September 1, 2006

As winter in August blends into Autumn in September, we think about the smell of burning dry leaves, now unlawful, and the county fair with the smells of elephant ears, smoking sausage, and the sweet intermingling of pig manure. Mmmm, mmm!

So what's next? Ah. University of Idaho vs Michigan State. Dennis Erickson vs old assistant coach John L. Smith. I wonder . . . I just wonder . . . can UofI really do it? Can they escape the game without loss of life?

Realistically, I think we should wax the old snowshovel, tomorrow. It' s a Mother Nature feint to come up with 92-degree weather. Maybe overhaul the snowthrower, too. Someone less prepared can smell the elephant ears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...yep there is nothing quite like elephant ears and pig manure. Boy Howdy. And Michigan St. turned out to be nothing compared to WSU. And now UI has OSU to face. We can only hope, with bated breath, that things go well.